Garlicky Green Beans with Mushrooms
"We love green beans at our house and enjoy them at least once a week. I'm always experimenting with new ways to fix them," pens Sue Haviland of Lake Mills, Wisconsin. "Garlic cloves and mushrooms lend them delicious flavor in this quick-and-easy dish. I like to steam the beans so they keep most of their nutrients."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and
- garlic in butter until tender. Drain beans; add to skillet. Stir in
- the salt, onion powder and pepper; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (2/3 cup) equals 61 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.