Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry
This entree tastes wonderful and is pretty enough to serve to company. Most of the preparation can be done in advance. Tender shrimp, colorful sweet peppers and crunchy snow peas give it a variety of interesting textures and flavors.
-Irene Lalevee, River Vale, New Jersey
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 ounces fresh snow peas
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet yellow pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in butter until tender. Add the
- shrimp, peas, peppers, basil, parsley, salt and pepper. stir-fry for
- 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add broth. Cook 1 minute longer or until heated through. Serve with
- rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 1-cup serving (calculated without rice) equals 205 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 188 mg cholesterol, 563 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.