Garlic Rosemary Turkey
The house smells so good while this turkey is cooking that my family can hardly wait 'til it's done! This is a beautiful, succulent main dish.Cathy Dobbins, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours + standing
- 1 whole turkey (10 to 12 pounds)
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves
- 2 large lemons, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cut six to eight small slits in turkey
- skin; insert garlic under the skin. Squeeze two lemon halves inside
- the turkey; stuff in turkey. Squeeze remaining lemon over outside of
- Tuck wings under turkey; tie drumsticks together. Place on a rack in
- a shallow roasting pan, breast side up. Brush with oil; sprinkle
- with rosemary and sage. Roast 1 hour.
- Cover turkey with foil; roast 2 to 2-1/2 hours longer or until a
- thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°. Baste occasionally
- with pan drippings.
- Remove turkey from oven. Let stand 20 minutes before carving. If
- desired, skim fat and thicken pan drippings for gravy. Serve with
- turkey. Yield: 10 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as