Garlic Roasted Potatoes
This is a wonderful dish to make for company, since the aroma of garlic gets everyone anxious to taste itand they're never disappointed! I like all kinds of cooking, but I especially enjoy trying Italian dishes. Living on a beef ranch also gives me plenty of incentive to try roast recipes.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 large baking potatoes, peeled
- 4 cloves garlic
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; slice 1/4 in. thick. rinse in cold
- water; drain thoroughly on paper towels. Mince garlic or put trough
- press. Melt butter in a small saucepan; add garlic and cook on
- medium heat for 1 minute. Place potatoes in large bowl; add
- butter/garlic, half the cheese and seasonings. Stir until potatoes
- are well-coated; pour into greased shallow dish. Top with remaining
- cheese; bake at 400°, uncovered, until golden brown, about 30
- minutes. Do not stir or turn during baking. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 1/2 protein, 1 bread, 1-1/2 fat; also, 192 calories, 190 mg sodium, 32 mg cholesterol, 17 mg carbohydrate, 6 gm protein, 12 gm fat.