Garlic Pork Roast
The garlic gives this roast its special flavor. The broth or wine boils down to make a flavorful gravy.Dorothy Pritchett, Wills Point, Texas
12-15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and cut into thin slivers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- Horseradish, optional
- Using the point of a paring knife, make slits all around the roast.
- Insert garlic into slits. Rub roast with salt and sprinkle with
- pepper. Place in a roasting pan and insert a meat thermometer. Bake
- at 325° for 30-40 minutes per pound or until thermometer
- registers 160°-170°. Remove from the pan and let stand.
- Meanwhile, place pan on stovetop over high heat. Skim off fat. Add
- wine; cook until gravy is reduced by half and coats the back of a
- spoon. Slice meat; serve with gravy, and horseradish if desired.
- Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (5 ounces) equals 161 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.