This is one of many recipes I obtained while living in France. It makes an excellent side dish.Sandra Pichon, Slidell, Louisiana
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano or 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound pasta, cooked and drained
- Separate garlic into cloves; remove papery skins. In a large skillet
- over low heat, saute garlic in oil for 20 minutes or until golden
- brown. Remove from the heat; add parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Toss with pasta serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 680 calories, 29 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 604 mg sodium, 89 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.