Garlic Parsley Spaghetti
This simple recipe from Evelyn Sparish calls for only a few ingredients. The Cumberland, Wisconsin cook combines pasta, garlic and parsley to create the versatile savory dish.
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) thin spaghetti
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, lightly brown garlic in oil over medium heat. Drain
- spaghetti; add to the skillet. Sprinkle with parsley, salt and
- pepper; toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 267 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.