Instead of buying snack mixes that are loaded with preservatives, I like to make my own. People find these tasty crisp irresistible, I always keep a couple of batches on hand for anytime snacking.Kathleen Sowinski, Lompoc, California
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 4 pita breads (6 inches)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- In a small bowl, mix butter and garlic salt until well blended. Split
- each pita in half to make two rounds. Spread each with butter
- mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and basil. Cut each round
- into six wedges; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at
- 325° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 96 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 382 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.