Garlic Parmesan Asparagus
Pair any entree with Tara Sensenbaugh's Garlic Parmesan Asparagus for a truly succulent meal. With subtle garlic, melted butter and a hint of Parmesan cheese, what's not to love?
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus and garlic.
- Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Drizzle
- with butter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; gently toss to coat.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 45 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.