Garlic Onion Wedges
Our Test Kitchen shares these crisp, buttery squares that put refrigerated crescent rolls to delicious use. Sprinkled with garlic and onions and a hint of seasoning, the wedges taste great with big bowls of soup.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter over medium heat
- for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Unroll crescent dough; seal
- perforations and press into two 6-in. x 4-in. rectangles.
- Transfer one rectangle to an ungreased baking sheet; spread with half
- of the onion mixture. Top with second rectangle and remaining onion
- mixture. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake at 400° for 10-12
- minutes or until golden brown. Cut into four wedges. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 wedge equals 141 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 252 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.