Garlic Mashed Potatoes
At home in Auburn, Kansas, Myra Innes infuses creamy mashed potatoes with the subtle taste of garlic, making them a welcome addition to most any meal.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Place potatoes, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan;
- cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- In a small bowl, mash the potatoes and garlic. Add butter, cream and
- remaining salt; beat until smooth. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 236 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 966 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.