Garlic Mashed Potatoes
“This is a good way to spice up plain instant potatoes. I prepare these when I'm running out of time to get dinner on the table but want something that still tastes homemade.” Carolyn Coop - Stuarts Draft, Virginia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups mashed potato flakes
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, butter, garlic powder, salt
- and pepper. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; add milk. Stir in
- potato flakes with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 225 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 442 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.