Garlic Mashed Potatoes
In her Auburn, Kansas kitchen, Myra Innes cooks these rich, creamy mashed potatoes frequently. Garlic cloves are boiled and then mashed right along with the potatoes to give them extraordinary flavor.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 15 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place the potatoes, garlic and 1 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan
- and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook
- for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- Transfer potato mixture to a large bowl; mash. Add the butter, cream
- and remaining salt; beat until smooth.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 311 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 959 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.