Garlic-Lime Pork Chops
Cilantro, lime and hot pepper sauce lend south-of-the-border pizzazz to boneless pork chops in this recipe from Paula Marchesi of Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania. "Pretty enough for company, these chops are tender, juicy and delicious," she says.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Broil: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup
- into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork chops. Seal bag
- and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and
- refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes
- or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes
- before serving. Baste with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 189 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a