Garlic Lemon Shrimp for 2
You'll be amazed that you can make this simple, elegant pasta in mere minutes. Serve with crusty bread to soak up all of the garlic lemon sauce.
-Athena M. Russell, Florence, South Carolina
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked pasta or rice
- In a skillet, saute shrimp in oil for 3 minutes. Add the garlic,
- lemon juice, cumin and salt; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in parsley. Serve with pasta or rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup (calculated without pasta or rice) equals 164 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.