10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Pat out dough on a work surface; sprinkle with minced onion and knead
- until combined. Divide dough in half. Shape each piece into five
- balls. To form knots, roll each ball into a 10-in. rope; tie into a
- knot. Tuck ends under. Place rolls 2 in. apart on a greased baking
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and
- salt; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Brush over rolls. Cover and let
- rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Brush tops with egg; sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake at 375° for
- 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 10 rolls.
Nutrition Facts: 1 roll equals 168 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 315 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.