“These novel knots are handy because they can be made ahead of time and re-heated when needed.”
—Jane Paschke, University Park, Florida.
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Cut each biscuit into thirds. Roll each piece into a 3-in. rope and
- tie into a knot; tuck ends under. Place 2 in. apart on a greased
- baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add the warm
- knots and gently toss to coat.
- Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 knot equals 46 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.