Garlic Herb Spread
Garlic and a host of herbs pleasantly season this savory spread. It's a "must" on my holiday menu because I can make it in advance.
Cheryl Fortier, Athabasca, Alberta
12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme and marjoram
- Assorted crackers or fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, parsley, garlic and
- seasonings until blended. Refrigerate overnight. Serve with crackers
- or vegetables. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 134 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.