Garlic Ginger Chicken Strips
Writes Candy Snyder from Salem, Oregon, "Whether you serve these moist and tender chicken strips as an appetizer or main dish, they're sure to satisfy your hungry bunch. The five-spice powder and red pepper flakes add a bit of zip."
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Broil: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine
- ingredients. Remove 3 tablespoons for basting; set aside. Place
- chicken in bag. Seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4
- hours. Cover and refrigerate reserved marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Broil chicken 3-4 in. from the heat for 3
- minutes; turn strips over. Baste with reserved marinade. Broil 4-5
- minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear, turning
- occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 166 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 681 mg sodium,