- vinegar, steak sauce, cayenne and remaining soy sauce until smooth;
- set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in batches in 2
- teaspoons hot oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the
- same pan, stir-fry red peppers and onions in remaining oil for 2
- minutes. Add the peas and remaining garlic and ginger; stir-fry for
- 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Return beef to the
- pan. Stir broth mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice if
- desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 cup stir-fry mixture, calculated without rice) equals 310 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 934 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.