Garlic Deviled Eggs
I CREATED this recipe 30 years ago, when my new husband requested deviled eggs. He wouldn't eat celery or pickle relish, so I substituted garlic and onion. He approved.
My co-workers always request these eggs for our potluck lunches. I'm not sure they know I can cook anything else!
-Eva Friesen, Carson City, Nevada
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 green onions with tops, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and set whites aside. In
- a small bowl, mash yolks. Add mayonnaise, mustard, onions, garlic
- and salt. Fill egg whites; sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate until
- serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 169 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 216 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.