Garlic-Chive Baked Fries
Yes, you DO want fries with that—especially these crispy, golden-brown fries, full of garlic flavor and just a little bit of heat. —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons dried minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-in. julienne strips. Rinse well and pat dry.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with
- the remaining ingredients. Toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer
- on two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans coated with cooking
- Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, turning
- once. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 200 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.