As a child, I spent countless hours with my mom in the kitchen. Now I do the same with my own daughter. Here's a chicken dish I gradually developed over years.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Grill: 30 min.
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- Cayenne pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients.
- Add chicken pieces. Seal; turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 8
- Drain; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken lightly with cayenne. Cover
- and grill over medium heat for 15-23 minutes on each side or until
- juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable; also, 234 calories, 275 mg sodium, 98 mg cholesterol, 4 gm carbohydrate, 38 gm protein, 6 gm fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.