- With a sharp knife, cut leg quarters at the joints. Sprinkle chicken
- with 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, rosemary,
- thyme, sage, marjoram and parsley. In a shallow bowl, combine the
- egg, milk and lemon juice. Add chicken pieces, one at a time, to bag
- and shake to coat. Dip chicken in egg mixture and coat again with
- flour mixture.
- In a 12-in. cast-iron skillet, heat 1/2 cup oil. Fry chicken, a few
- pieces at a time, for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Remove
- chicken and keep warm; drain drippings.
- In the same skillet, cook potatoes in remaining oil for 8-10 minutes
- or until slightly tender. Add onion and remaining salt; cook 5-6
- minutes longer or until onion is tender. Stir in garlic; top with
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 180° and potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients. Brush over chicken
- just before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 chicken pieces with about 1 cup potato mixture equals 834 calories, 55 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 1,112 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.