Garlic Chicken 'N' Pasta
A jar of store-bought Parmesan sauce makes it a breeze to toss together this chicken and pasta. "I like to garnish the entree with crisp crumbled bacon and chopped fresh basil," notes Phyllis Schmalz from her kitchen in Kansas City, Kansas.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) spiral pasta
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 jar (16 ounces) roasted garlic Parmesan sauce
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, brown chicken in oil. Add Parmesan sauce; cover and simmer
- for 8-10 minutes or until chicken juices run clean. Add half of the
- tomatoes. Drain pasta; top with chicken and sauce. Sprinkle with
- remaining tomatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 372 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 72 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.