Garlic Cheese Bread
Crunchy slices of this buttery and perfectly seasoned Garlic Cheese Bread sent in by Janet Rodakowski from Wentzville, Missouri make a finger-lickin' feast of any Italian dinner!
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; spread over cut
- sides of bread. Sprinkle with mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for
- 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into slices. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 slices) equals 466 calories, 31 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 855 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.