Garlic-Brown Sugar Chicken
My family always asks me to save some of this cooked chicken so that I can make Garlic Chicken Fried Rice for dinner the next night! —Florence Yuriy, Shortdale, Manitoba
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 45 min.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour half into a large
- resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat;
- refrigerate for 2-4 hours, turning once. Cover and refrigerate
- remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Transfer chicken to a large
- skillet; add reserved marinade. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover
- and simmer for 45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 493 calories, 25 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 49 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.