There's nothing like good down-home cooking, and this recipe proves the point.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add broccoli. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the sesame oil, canola oil and
- red pepper flakes over medium heat for 2 minutes or until hot. Stir
- in the soy sauce, garlic, sugar and lemon juice. Cook and stir for
- 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Drain broccoli and transfer to a serving bowl. Pour garlic sauce
- over; toss to coat. Serve warm or chilled with a slotted spoon.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 2/3 cup servings (prepared with reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 92 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 318 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,