This wonderful accompaniment could not be tastier or simpler to make. Minced fresh garlic is key to these flavor-packed crusty slices, which our big family would snap up before they even had a chance to cool.
-Grace Yaskovic, Branchville, New Jersey
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine butter and garlic. Brush over cut sides of
- bread; sprinkle with parsley. Place, cut side up, on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2
- minutes or until golden brown. Cut into 2-in. slices. Serve warm.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 258 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 462 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.