- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes
- or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles;
- drain. Stir in flour and seasonings. Stir in tomatoes; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a saucepan, heat butter over medium-high
- heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute or until tender. Stir in
- flour until blended; gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in tomato sauce and
- seasonings; heat through.
- Pour 1-1/2 cups sauce into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Place
- about 1/4 cup beef mixture off center on each tortilla; top with 1-2
- tablespoons cheese. Roll up and place over sauce, seam side down.
- Top with remaining sauce.
- Bake, covered, 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with
- remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until
- cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 enchiladas equals 751 calories, 43 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 2,536 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 38 g protein.