Garlic Bean Dip
“I've contributed this thick dip to many get-togethers, and there’s never any left to bring home,” shares Kallee McCreery of Escondido, California. Try serving the party starter with pita chips or fresh veggies.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pita bread wedges
- In a food processor, combine the beans, mayonnaise, parsley, lemon
- juice, garlic and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve
- with pita bread. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without pita bread) equals 112 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.