Garlic-Apple Pork Roast
"This is the meal I have become famous for, and it is so simple," relates Jennifer Loos of Washington Boro, Pennsylvania. "The garlic and apple flavors really compliment the pork. It's great with steamed fresh asparagus and roasted red potatoes."
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours + standing
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apple jelly
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- Cut the roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl,
- combine the jelly, water and garlic; pour over roast. Sprinkle with
- parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Let
- stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with cooking juices if
- desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 4 ounces cooked meat (prepared with 1 teaspoon seasoned salt)equals 236 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer