Garlic Angel Hair Pasta
From Dalhart, Texas, Denise Baumert serves up a savory side dish with wonderful garlic flavor. "I add the cloves to the noodles as they are cooking for fast and flavorful results," she explains. At only 11¢ a serving, this pleasing pasta is a thrifty accompaniment to most any lunch or dinner.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding garlic to the
- water. Drain; discard garlic.
- Transfer pasta to a serving bowl; add butter. Toss gently until
- butter is melted. Add the Parmesan, chives and garlic salt if
- desired; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with reduced-fat margarine and nonfat Parmesan cheese and without garlic salt) equals 103 calories, 152 mg sodium, 2 mg cholesterol, 13 gm carbohydrate, 4 gm protein, 4 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.