Garden Vegetable Salad
MY GRANDMA often made this light garden salad. I especially like to serve it in spring and summer, when we can use fresh vegetables from our backyard garden.
The tangy Italian dressing is true to tradition. Crisp and refreshing, this salad complements any meal.
-Rosalie Wright, San Jose, California
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced green pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions with tops
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all of the vegetables in a salad bowl. In a small bowl, whisk
- together dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 272 calories, 27 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.