Reports Nena Williams of Georgetown, Texas, "I love to make Garden Saute for dinner parties. It's a fun, colorful side dish seasoned with flavorful herbs."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and garlic
- in oil until tender. Add the remaining ingredients; gently stir.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables
- are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 1/2-cup serving equals 1 vegetable; also, 19 calories, 8 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 4 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, trace fat.