"A co-worker brought this fun crunchy salsa to a potluck and everyone loved it," shares Tammy Mahlke of La Crescent, Minnesota. "The ingredients are available at the grocery store all year, but it tastes like you picked the produce from your very own backyard!"
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl,
- combine the water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, garlic, lemon juice
- and pepper; stir into the vegetable mixture. Serve with chips.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1/4 cup salsa) equals 29 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.