Garden Macaroni Salad
Mustard and dill give this colorful salad a wonderful flavor, different from other pasta salads.
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, cubed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in
- cold water. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, broccoli, onion,
- carrot, cucumber, peas, radishes and cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar and dill.
- Pour over macaroni mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for
- at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 314 calories, 26 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium,