Garden Harvest Chili
Meet the Cook: Anytime you're looking for a way to use up your zucchini and squash, this recipe gives a different taste sensation. My husband really enjoys it -and, except for the zucchini, our two daughters, ages 7 and 3, do as well!
-Debbie Cosford, Bayfield, Ontario
7 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute the red pepper, onion and garlic in oil
- until tender. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, oregano, butternut
- squash and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 10-15 minutes or until squash is almost tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or
- until heated through. Yield: 7 servings (1-3/4 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: One 1-cup serving equals 193 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 167 mg sodium,