As soon as the first head of cabbage was barely big enough to harvest, Mom made this refreshing slaw. We kids shredded the cabbage while Mom whipped up the delicious, sweet cream dressing. —Ginny Werkmeister, Tilden NE
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, pepper and onion. In a small
- bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over cabbage mixture
- and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 180 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 239 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.