Garden Bean Salad
A colorful blend of hearty beans and crunchy vegetables is what brings folks back for seconds after they try this salad. It never fails to spark compliments and recipe requests.
18-20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 5 medium radishes, sliced
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl,
- combine the oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder and
- onion powder; mix well. Pour over vegetable mixture and toss to
- coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Top with cheese.
- Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 18-20 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 118 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.