Garbanzo Beans and Spinach (Gluten Free)
Sauteed spinach, garbanzo beans, and red bell pepper as a great side dish. Brought to you by dLife®
2 ServingsPrep: 6 min. Cook: 8 min.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1 lb fresh spinach leaves, stems removed
- 1/2 cup canned unsalted garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- Pinch salt
- Pinch black pepper
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high. Add garlic and
- bell pepper and saute 5 minutes.
- Add beans and cook 3-4 minutes until beans are thoroughly heated.
- Add spinach, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the
- spinach wilts. Serve.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 123 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 87 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 3/4 starch, 1/2 vegetable.