Game Time Stromboli
Make this hearty Stromboli a game-time appetizer or serve as a light dinner with a green salad. Jane McMillan, Dania Beach, Florida
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 tubes (13.8 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust
- 8 ounces thinly sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces thinly sliced mortadella
- 8 ounces thinly sliced capocollo or prosciutto
- 8 ounces thinly sliced hard salami
- 1 large green pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Marinara sauce, warmed
- On a greased baking sheet, unroll one pizza crust and pat into a
- 16-in. x 13-in. rectangle. Layer half of the mozzarella cheese, deli
- meats and pepper lengthwise down center third of crust, leaving a
- 1/2-in. border at each end. Fold up long sides of crust over
- filling, pinching seam and ends to seal. Fold up ends. Cut slits in
- top. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle each with half of the Asiago cheese, garlic powder and
- parsley. Bake at 425° for 16-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with marinara sauce. Yield: 2 stromboli (6 servings each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 304 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 1,123 mg sodium,