Gala Crab Salad
My family thinks this dish is just super, and it looks so nice after it's unmolded. I've substituted shrimp for the crab, and it tastes just as good.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups cracked crabmeat or coarsely chopped imitation crab
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- Leaf lettuce
- Fresh parsley, optional
- Lemon slices or wedges, optional
- In a bowl, combine the rice, crab, Miracle Whip, green pepper, onion
- and celery. Pack into a 6-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Chill
- for 6 hours or overnight.
- Unmold onto a bed of leaf lettuce. Garnish with parsley and lemon if
- desired. Yield: 4-6 main-dish or 12-14 side-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 329 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.