Gala Beef Tenderloin Filets
A subtle garlic butter sauce tastefully tops tenderloin fillets in this recipe from our Test Kitchen.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 to 2 inches thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- Season steaks with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1
- tablespoon butter and oil over medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 5-8
- minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic in remaining butter for 1
- minute. Add wine or broth; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in
- parsley and browning sauce if desired. Drizzle over beef. Yield: 6
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet