Fudgy Mint Cookies
"Field editor Renee Schwebach of Dumont, Minnesota says chocolate lovers will get a double dose with this tender cake-like cookie and its chocolate mint middle. “They‘re especially popular served alongside a big scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream!“ she says.
40 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) chocolate-covered thin mints
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, butter and water until well
- combined. Beat in eggs. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in
- confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Immediately press a
- mint into the center of each cookie. Cool for 2 minutes before
- removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 3 dozen.