Fudgy Cherry Brownies
When I first saw this recipe in a local newspaper years ago, I couldn't wait to try it for our guests that very night. I knew it was a winner from the first bite. These rich fudgy brownies have been making friends merry ever since!
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt 1 cup chocolate chips and
- butter; stir until smooth. In a bowl, combine biscuit mix, milk, egg
- and almond extract. Stir in chocolate mixture; mix well. Fold in
- cherries and remaining chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted
- near the center comes out with moist crumbs and the edges pull away
- from the sides. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 131 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.