In Susanville, California, Evie, Gloistein can stir up these moist and chocolaty brownies in a snap. "They're oh-so-easy to make and oh-so-scrumptious to eat," she assures.
32 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans, optional
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool
- slightly. In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs. Stir in vanilla and
- chocolate mixture. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to
- chocolate mixture. Stir in pecans if desired.
- Spread into two greased 8-in. square baking pans. Bake at 325°
- for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar
- if desired. Cut into bars. Yield: 32 brownies.
Nutrition Facts: 1 brownie (calculated without pecans and confetioners' sugar) equals 95 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 74 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.