This is my most-requested holiday recipe. Not a Christmas goes by that I don't make several batches for my family to enjoy and for friends as gifts.
36 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + standing
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-3/4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk, butter and salt. Bring
- to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 5
- Remove from the heat; stir in remaining ingredients. Stir vigorously
- for 1 minute or until marshmallows are partially melted. Drop by
- tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Let stand at
- room temperature until cool. Store in airtight containers in a cool
- dry place. Yield: about 2-1/4 pounds.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 ounce) equals 120 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.