Fruity Tossed Salad
A colorful combo of fruity flavors makes Beverly Little’s refreshing, light salad a winter favorite in Marietta, Georgia. Coconut and nuts add a fun crunch and fancy feel!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped apple
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the lettuce, apple, dates and cranberries.
- In another bowl, whisk the cranberry juice, orange juice, vinegar,
- oil and salt. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Top with coconut and
- walnuts. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 193 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.