Fruity Thirst Quencher
This beverage gets plenty of flavor from powdered drink mix, juice and crushed pineapple. "During the summer, I keep a jug of it in the fridge," relates Bernice Morris of Marshfield, Missouri. "It tastes so good on hot days."
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 envelope unsweetened strawberry starfruit Kool-Aid mix or unsweetened Kool-Aid mix of your choice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup DOLE® Crushed Pineapple in 100% Pineapple Juice
- In a 3-qt. pitcher, combine the water, sugar and Kool-Aid mix. Stir
- until sugar and mix are dissolved. Add the orange juice, lemon juice
- and pineapple; mix well. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: about 5
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 145 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.